THIS INFORMATION IS FOR INDIVIDUALS APPLYING FOR MEDICAID BASED ON BEING AGE 65 OR OLDER, BLIND, AND DISABLED.
To apply for Medicaid if you are not age 65+, blind and disabled, go to the Vermont Health Connect website.
When you apply for MABD, you will be screened for the following programs:
- Medicaid for the Aged, Blind and Disabled (MABD) for people who are 65 years of age or older, and/or who are blind and disabled.
- VPharm (Pharmacy Program) for people on Medicare to help pay for prescription drugs.
- Medicare Savings Programs (MSP) for people with Medicare to help pay for Medicare premiums, deductibles, and copays.
- Disabled Children’s Home Care (DCHC) (Katie Beckett) for children with disabilities who are living at home and would be eligible for Medicaid if living in an institution. Parent’s income and resources are not counted when determining eligibility. However, we do need to know the child’s income and resources.
- Healthy Vermonters Program (HVP) for all Vermonters without pharmacy coverage. This program provides a discount on some prescriptions.
*If you only want to apply for VPharm, and/or HVP, please visit Prescription Assistance for a shorter application.
*If looking for more information on Long-Term Care Medicaid, please visit Long-Term Care.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for MABD you must:
- Be a Vermont resident;
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Aged - 65 years of age or over;
- Blind; or
- Disabled (as defined by the Social Security Administration); and
- Meet the financial criteria, including:
You can view the eligibility tables for the following years by visiting Prior Year Eligibility Thresholds.
How to apply:
- If newly applying for Medicaid, visit the MABD Application Checklist page for more information and ways to apply.
- If you got a letter telling you to apply for Medicaid for the Aged, Blind and Disabled (MABD), please visit the Supplemental Information for MABD.
How do I report a change?
- Call us at 1-800-250-8427.
- Complete the 200GMC change report form.
- You can fill out the 200GMC form on your computer OR you can print a copy to complete by hand.
3. Submit the 200GMC change report form online or mail it to us.
- Online using the Uploader:
- Once the form is complete:
- Save the completed form to your computer.
- Read the Uploader Instructions.
- Submit the form on the website ahsuploader.vermont.gov.
- Select “healthcare” as the program you are submitting the form for and then upload it.
Green Mountain Care Application and Document Processing Center 280 State Drive Waterbury, VT 05671-1500
Have questions? Need help applying?
If you have questions about your eligibility for MABD Medicaid or how to apply, please call 1-800-250-8427.
What happens next?
Green Mountain Care will determine your eligibility. If you are found eligible, your eligibility will be reviewed at least once a year.