Vermont is again required to see who can still get Medicaid and Dr. Dynasaur. Why? For the last three years, states have been required to keep people on Medicaid with a few exceptions. Vermont is prepared for the end of this requirement. We have made an "unwind" plan to ensure Vermonters continue to have positive health care options.
This page answers your questions about the renewal process, what you can do now, what to expect, and how to stay covered. Vermonters will be contacted before their renewal month. It will take more than a year to complete the process for all Medicaid enrollees. Check back for regular updates.
This is very important!
REFRESH your contact information to receive important notices, resources, and alerts by logging into your account or by calling 1-855-899-9600. Make sure your mailing address, email address, and phone numbers are correct.
- Add a cell phone number to your account - we want to text you with important reminders.
REVIEW information in the red-striped envelope you receive in the mail.
REPLY with any needed information as soon as possible to renew.
Long Term Care (LTC) Medicaid members working with a specific eligibility specialist can update them directly or call Customer Support at 1-800-250-8427.
Take action to stay in charge of your Medicaid or Dr. Dynasaur coverage!
Vermont is returning to the normal process of checking whether Vermonters on Medicaid or other health benefits are eligible. Here is how it works -
- You will receive your renewal notice in the mail with a due date printed on it.
- Complete, sign, and mail the renewal form.
- Mail the renewal form to -
Vermont Health Connect
280 State Drive
NOB 1 South
Waterbury, VT 05671-8100
- Vermont Health Connect or Green Mountain Care will look at your paperwork to see if you are still eligible for Medicaid.
- You will get a notice in the mail letting you know the outcome of your renewal.