What is the Health Insurance Premium Payment (HIPP) program?
Vermont’s HIPP program pays for eligible Medicaid members and their families to receive health insurance coverage through their employer or COBRA. This program is designed to save money for Medicaid clients with high healthcare costs by reimbursing all or a portion of the cost of the health insurance premiums provided by an employer or COBRA plan.
Enrollment in the HIPP program WILL NOT affect your Medicaid eligibility or benefits!
How do I know if I qualify for HIPP?
- You or someone in your household must have Medicaid
- The Medicaid member must have medical insurance or be able to get a plan through an employer and
- The health insurance plan must be cost-effective
How do I apply for the HIPP program?
- If you are already enrolled in a health insurance plan, please provide us with some information on the below secure online application and submit it:
Or apply by mail, email, or fax:
- Email: AHS.DVHACOBHIPP@vermont.gov
- Fax: 802-879-8224
Department of Vermont Health ACCESS
NOB 1 South, 280 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-1010
- If you are not enrolled in a health insurance plan and your employer offers it, we can provide you with assistance and the next steps in determining if the HIPP program will help pay the premium cost. Submit your request by contacting us via email or telephone.
Questions about the HIPP program?