Due to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, Vermont Medicaid is taking steps to ensure Vermonters have access to necessary care and that health care professionals can deliver that care in a safe and timely way.
Prior authorizations are required for the following services:
- Imminent Harm List
- Refer to the Preferred Drug List
- Services found on the Fee Schedule
- Items not found on the Waived Prior Authorization List (updated 9/25/2020)
Prior authorizations are not required for the following services:
- Imaging Services
- Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies — including continuous glucose monitors obtained from a pharmacy
- Dental Services including orthodontia
Extend pre-existing prior authorizations
- Effective 1/1/2021 extensions of current existing prior authorizations will not occur in response to the public health emergency.
- Beginning January 1, 2021 Pharmacy will no longer extend existing PAs beyond their normal expiration date.
Information can be found at:
AHS Global Commitment Register, policy GCR 20-039.