Due to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, Vermont Medicaid is taking steps to ensure Vermonters have access to necessary care and that health care professionals can deliver that care in a safe and timely way.
Prior authorizations are required for the following services:
- Imminent Harm List
- Refer to the Preferred Drug List
- Services found on the Fee Schedule
- Items not found on the Waived Prior Authorization List (updated 9/25/2020)
Prior authorizations are not required for the following services:
Since the announcement that COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted in VT there has been an increase in questions about COVID-19 related billing. Although the state of emergency has been lifted for VT, the federal state of emergency and waivers related to the COVID-19 public health emergency are still in place. Prior authorizations that are currently waived continue to be waived under the federal public health emergency. The DVHA COVID-19 webpage is regularly updated and additional information will be provided when those restrictions will be re-implemented.
- Imaging Services - Imaging Service Prior Authorization No Longer Required
- Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies — including continuous glucose monitors obtained from a pharmacy
- Dental Services including orthodontia
Information can be found at:
AHS Global Commitment Register, policy GCR 20-039.