Skip to main content

Filing a Complaint

If you feel your data has been breached or an app has used your data inappropriately.

  • Submit a complaint to the FTC. Since the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has jurisdiction over these apps, you should submit a complaint to the FTC using the FTC Complaint Assistant.

  • File a HIPAA complaint. Your situation may fall under the HIPAA Privacy, Security, or Breach Notification Rules, or the Patient Safety Act and Rule. HIPAA is overseen by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Civil Rights (OCR).